Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Let's Get THIS One!

I know this drawing has a Christmas theme, but I could not resist putting it up.  It is a commission I've been working on for some time, and it is finally done!  As soon as I am finished matting and framing the picture, it will be on its way to its new home.

The story behind it, is really cute.  Brother and sister have been sent to choose a Christmas tree and bring it back home on the sled.  Little sister is trying to talk big brother into getting the really BIG tree!   And, since this happens each and every Christmas, her brother is laughing.  This is a treasured memory they both share and enjoy very much.

The lady and her brother are in their 80's now.  I was able to capture their likenesses using pictures of the two of them when they were young.  I did a lot of face studies in order to recreate that special moment.  I'm so excited to send it to them! 

Have a lovely day! 

1 comment:

Tammie Lee said...

ah, what a sweet memory to illustrate and it truned out so charming Beth! sending sweetness and light