Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Miracle for My Sister

Thank you--everyone who has prayed for my sweet sister Clytie's recovery . . . as I write to you, it is with a thankful heart.

Clytie, darling Queen of Hearts, had a stroke at 5 a.m. Friday morning. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital--it took me an hour to get there from where I live. Her right side was paralyzed and she could barely speak. To write of this, just . . . well, as I type here I am weeping . . . I have lost a brother and came close just now to losing my beloved sister, my friend.

I stood by her side. They had done everything they could do--it was a waiting game. She would get better, worse, then better, then worse—that last time was the most frightening, I was rubbing her numb foot when suddenly I realized she wasn’t feeling the pressure of my fingers.

I walked to her side, looked at her right hand and it was starting to curl. I felt so scared for her. I took her hand into my own. The nurses did some tests and she could not lift her leg or her arm--her speech was blurred. The nurses left.  She had closed her eyes--her face was white and so still.  So I put my hand on her hair.

I was praying over her when I felt that God was telling me to put my other hand on Sissy's head and to pray for her healing. I felt a little foolish—I thought maybe it was my own wishful thinking.  But I obeyed.  As I prayed for her healing, my hands got hot—like an oven. It was the strangest thing--I could feel the heat actually radiating down from my palms. My prayer was that God's healing would pour down through her body like warm oil, sweeping away the numbness imprisoning her. In my mind’s eye, I saw the connections that were hurt, reconnecting and sparking. I don’t know how long I stood there praying.

When I was done praying, I lifted my hand away.  Clytie opened her eyes and said as clear as a bell, “Aren’t you getting bored standing there with nothing to do?”

I said, “of course not, I’ve been praying for you!”  Tears gathered in my eyes as I tried to explain what had just happened.

A couple seconds later Clytie lifted her right hand—the one she couldn’t move before and was looking at her fingers and hand with astonishment. She started wiggling her fingers. She lifted her leg and curled her toes.  The numbness was leaving her body.

Just after that, I left for my parent's place to pick up the twins to see her. While I was at my parents house I wrote the last blog entry. By the time we returned the numbness was totally gone. Clytie could lift both her right leg and arm easily, she could speak clearly, the numbness was gone!

Clytie has steadily improved since then—Last night she ate dinner, she sat up in the chair and she’s been walking the halls—if all goes well she’s going home this afternoon. I’m just so amazed, and moved. Clot busting drugs and the power of God and the prayers of a loving sister--I am convinced a miracle happened.

All the doctors and nurses are just agog. The physical therapist says Clytie is a “rock star!” (grin) They are astonished she’s completely recovered, given that her entire right side was totally and utterly paralyzed. One nurse told me a full recovery like hers is exceedingly rare. The neurologist hardly knew what to say, except to stammer sometimes things happen they can't explain.

Please pray for my precious sister's continued healing and growing strength—the MRI shows she did have a stroke—the doctor says it is an area the size of a Lima bean, with a kind of vulnerable halo around it. She says she doesn’t feel anything is different than it was, but she’s still a little weak and tires easily.

I am so thankful for your good thoughts and prayers for my precious little sister. I promised Clytie I would let everyone know how she's doing and she sends her grateful love and thanks to each and every one of you.

Sometimes we wonder if God cares about us as we live our lives here on earth. He does--He cares. He's watching over us and loves us! All Glory to God for the things He has done!

17 comments:

Nina said...

Thank You God for sending Your Healing Light and answering prayers, well wishes and healing energy and thoughts. There is such Power when we unite in Prayer. God Bless you and yours, giving you His Peace, Love, Hope and Understanding. Love and Light, Nina P

Lois said...

I got chills just reading this Beth! This is truly a miracle. I will continue to pray.

Tammie Lee said...

Beth!!! Oh my, I had no idea! I have not been blogging as often these days. Your post brought tears to my heart and eyes. I feel completely thankful for your healing prayers and that you were the vehicle of healing energy for your sister! I hold you and yours in my heart of hearts! Clytie, I send you healing love.

Unknown said...

Beth God is Good. Clytie and you are both such sweet spirits. He wants you to share that with the world.

I sat with tears in my eyes as I read your post knowing the power of prayer and knowing God does watch over us and he heals and loves us. What a miracle. What a wonderful fabulous Christmas Miracle!
XXXOOO
Becky

Deann said...

These are indeed "Tidings of
Comfort and Joy" and a testimony to the power of love and the goodness of God to answer prayers.
I am so very happy...may the Lord continue to bless you both. Love Sissy Dea

~Cheryl said...

What wonderous news! It is indeed a season of miracles, and you heard the call, Beth, and obeyed. My little heart is filled with joy, and I will continue to pray for your precious family. I know there's a long line for giving Clytie a hug, but this "cyber sister" sends a hug, too.

miruspeg said...

Beth you may not be aware but what you did for your sister was called Reiki healing. That is why your hands got so hot.
It is a completely safe healing method which I practise regularly, mostly on myself and my cats.
What joy that Clytie is well again.
I will keep sending my love and light to both of you....you are both rock stars!!!

Big hugs
Peggy xxxxx

Patty said...

That's a miracle. And I believe in miracles. So happy everything is turning out so well for your sister.

Our oldest daughter just went back to work today. She had blood clots in her one leg and in both lungs. She was being given blood thinners and was able to go home because they showed her how to give herself shots. This happened back around Oct. 27th. I don't know if she realizes how lucky she's been.

Give your sister an extra hug from me. Prayers do help.

Sunny said...

Dear Beth,
It is the miracle of human touch, your life force energy.
I pray your sister will continue to feel better.
God Bless you and your family.
Sunny

Beth Niquette said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful and kind words and for your prayers. I believe God answered your prayers with the dramatic healing of my sister.

How grateful I am to God for the well-being of my darling Sister!

Sometimes we wonder if God cares about us as we live our lives here on earth. He does--He cares. He's watching over us and loves us!

Terry said...

Howdy Beth
Thank you for sharing .
I am crying for joy that once again healing has been released.
May the peace of God that surpases all of our human understanding fill your spirit my dear friend .
I will continue to pray for great blessings to come for you and yours.
Big love filled hugs to you and your sweet ,precious Clytie.
We all need her love and light in this world she is an amazing woman.
Thank you again for sharing .
I will continue to pray sweetie.
Big hugs with blessings
Happy Trails

Mary said...

Beth I'm so sorry I've been "out of the fold" for awhile, I just checked and learned of your sister's illness. I too have been the recipient of healing prayer and I am not surprised that it worked for her as well. Please add my prayers for her returning strength, and may the blessings of God be with all of your family.....tarzan

MedaM said...

I haven’t been blogging as regular as I used to lately because of the lack of the time so I didn’t know what your sister went through. I am sorry. Your concern and fear for your sister is completely understandable. God really answered your prayers. I hope your sister will continue to feel better.

Suzy Rust said...

Oh no! Not Cytie, she is such a wonderful person, my belated prayers are with her.

Angie Muresan said...

Praying for your sister. Wishing God's grace and love touch her and heal her completely.

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR BETH,
WHAT A WONDROUS MIRACLE....WHEN YOU PRAY FOR THE SICK AND YOUR HANDS FEEL ON FIRE, IT IS SURELY THE HOLY GHOST MOVING THROUGH YOU TO BRING HEALING TO CLYTIE. I WOULD SAY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE USED MORE AND MORE OF GOD TO BRING HIS HEALING POWER...YOU ARE JUST THE WILLING VESSEL...PRAISE GOD...PRAISE GOD. MAY JESUS BRING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HOPE, HEALTH AND UNDERSTANDING.
THANK YOU JESUS FOR HEALING CLYTIE.
ANGEL HUGS
DEBBIE

Mescrap said...

Oh my...

May all the best to your sister.