Friday, March 13, 2009

Blackberry Faery

A couple of years ago, a good friend of mine gave me three starts of some thornless blackberry bushes! The fruit is delicious, and without the inevitable scratches and prickles, it is a pleasure to harvest them.

The day I took the photo from which this pen and ink evolved, was sunny and hot. I can still hear the bees lazily buzzing in the lavender bush, the fragrance of the berries, and AH, the rich taste of the ripe fruit.

I shared a bite with the Berry Faery, you know. She thought they were tasty, too.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Gorgeous! She's perfect. Makes me long for "Berry Season" ... although the ones around here are NOT thornless ... but worth the prickly price!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

What amazing talent you have. Oh and yum! Berries

tzajack said...

Very cute fairy! I like the title of your "crunchy hearts" blog...reminds me of the old axiom "Never mess with a dragon as you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"