Friday, October 27, 2017

And Glory Shone Round About Them -Paint Party Friday


When I was a child I loved the story of Christmas found in the Bible.  I saw the whole thing as beautiful and romantic.  I didn't really care for St. Nicholas, or Santa Claus much.  He didn't appeal to me as much as the magical story of Mary and Joseph.

I have been working with my Friend Lorie on a children's book entitled Christmas With Grandma for a little over two years.  We've added six new pages.  It is our goal to have it printed and assembled in time for Christmas orders--which means only a few more weeks left to put it together!

This pen and ink drawing illustrates the part of the story where angels appear to shepherds who were watching their sheep by night.  They are announcing the arrival of the newborn Baby sent from God.

I like how the drawing turned out.  I especially love the sheep--there's one little fellow who is SO endearing I wanted to pop him out of my drawing to give him a little cuddle.

And now to put color to all these new pages! Have a wonderful weekend, dear ones, and Happy Paint Party Friday!

5 comments:

Sue (this n that) said...

Beautiful art Beth. Your book is going to be a source of a lot of joy for both children and adults. You must be so busy... my very best wishes to you, Sue xx

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful. And this seems to be such a fitting project for you Beth. Best of luck with your book. Happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

Wow this is truly beautiful.

Faye said...

Beth, what a fantastic job you did in creating the scene with the shepherds and the angels! Your book is just bound to be a huge success. I hope you make it before this Christmas so orders can be placed. It looks like a great gift.

Liz Powley said...

Fabulous line work and such detail! Thank you so much for sharing!

I hope it all works out in time for Christmas.

Best wishes,
Liz