Friday, August 18, 2017

Eclipse -Paint Party Friday

I created this pen and ink drawing last week to commemorate the Great American Eclipse.  I happen to live in the line of totality--the eclipse will start around nine, with total darkness at 10:18 Monday morning--an amazing event which will not happen here again in my lifetime.  I only wish my Beloved were here to view it with me.

My town will be celebrate all weekend in anticipation of Monday's once in a lifetime event.  There will be an influx of up to 500,000 people in our area over the next few days.  I can't even imagine what the traffic will be like.  I have special glasses one must wear to keep from being blinded.  There is a family camping out in my back yard and there will be quite a party going on downtown.

I am looking forward to this wonderful eclipse.  In the meantime dear friends, have a GREAT weekend.  Stay safe and Happy Paint Party Friday!


7 comments:

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh that's gorgeous! I neglected to get glasses and am so sad... I'm hoping I still might find some, but so far no...

Linda Kunsman said...

such a beautiful illustration Beth! The eclipse is expected to happen in my area between 2 and 3 PM and I am hoping to catch it too:) Happy PPF!

Faye said...

How exciting for you, Beth, to be in the line of total eclipse. I think it is supposed to be 85-90% here. I plan to watch only on TV since I already had macular problems and I don't want to risk my eyesight, even with the glasses.

Your drawing is so beautiful and is a wonderful representation of such a unique event.

Giggles said...

Beautiful illustration!! Well done! Enjoy the party!

Peace Giggles

Anonymous said...

ink drawing is really very beautiful!
have a fun the party
Elke

Irene Rafael said...

Enjoy the eclipse! Your drawing is beautiful!
~~ Irene

JKW said...

I took pictures of it on the sidewalk thru the leaves. Quite interesting, but we only had 96 percent. The illustration is amazing. Blessings, Janet