Monday, October 10, 2016

Frisky Friends in Living Color -Paint Party Friday

Here is the finished drawing of Frisky Friends.  I started with a graphite drawing, inked in the lines using various sized nibs to give the picture depth--then used Prismacolor pencils to add color.  I love to put people's faces into scenery.  This is my favorite of four recent facescapes. 

Abby is my lovely model--she's my dear niece and I think her sweet personality just shines from the drawing.  I have included her favorite color, flower and animal--can you guess what they are?

For those who have been wondering about my surgery, I had a complete hip replacement in early September.  It has been a little over a month since the surgery. so it took awhile for me to be able to sit in front of my computer again.  Now I am well on my way to recovery!  I have graduated from a walker to using a cane to get around.  In a week or so, I won't even need that!  I am so grateful to my surgeon, and to you dear ones, who prayed for me.

What a miracle it was.  I discovered I needed a hip replacement, and three weeks later the surgery was done.  That in itself was incredible---a miracle of God's perfect timing!

Happy Paint Party Friday all you lovely people!




3 comments:

peggy gatto said...

First, so glad your surgery went as well as possible, good news!
Second, your painting is a delight and what a lovely model indeed!!!

DVArtist said...

First I am so glad you are healing well from your surgery. Your facescape is just stunning. I love the rock hair. Have a very nice day today.

EAGHL/Granny Annie said...

Love "Frisky Friends" so much! Also happy your are healing so quickly from your hip replacement.