Saturday, February 14, 2015

Stars in the Desert -Paint Party Friday


Here is a recent graphite drawing from my sketchbook.  I have started drawing again in earnest.  My fingers are not near as stiff as they were--I believe my inability to draw had much to do with mourning the loss of my Beloved.   I was frozen for awhile.

Sometimes the road I travel is rocky and full of tears.  But then I remember to look up at the stars and to Him Who made the Heavens.   He is the Creator Who loves me and walks with me. 

For the twinkles in the skies, I used the Star of David.  I love the way the star looks--so perfectly balanced and beautiful.

Happy Paint Party Friday, all you wonderful people. Thank you for dropping by.



6 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beth, this is absolutely stunning. May the Lord comfort you through all of the 'firsts' without your dear one at your side.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

NatureFootstep said...

I can feel the sorrow. It is a beautiful drawing :)

Timelesslady said...

Wow! Your art is wonderful. Last night, I doodled around a bit on a blank piece of paper with no purpose in mind and absolutely lost myself in the joy of it. In this world, with so many horrifying incidents taking place, I truly need a few moments of peace through art. Blessings on your day.

Unknown said...

uplifting thoughts and nicely detailed drawing. Thank you for sharing.

Lois said...

It is so lovely Beth. I'm glad you are drawing again. You are always in my prayers dear friend.

Deann said...

This is lovely...I'm glad you are returning from the shadows of mourning a bit. It is a long process for a parent I can't imagine how hard for one husband and best friend. My prayers are with you.