Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sharing Lunch -Guest Heart Thursday

I often doodle when I am anxious.  I was in the surgeon's waiting room with my husband when I began this graphite doodle.  I have no idea why--when things are so serious--I would draw such a silly cartoon--but here it is for your enjoyment.

Have a lovely day.

Daddy Update:  Dad is in the VA Hospital.  He still can't speak or swallow.  He consented to a feeding tube, but pulled it out in the night.  Mom has been with him most of each day.  They sit and hold hands--he kisses her fingers and by this tells her he loves her.  I don't know how long Dad will be around--he's a grand old soldier and he is a fighter.  I would especially appreciate your prayers not only for Dad, but especially for Mom.  Also please pray for my darling Sissy--since I can't be there as much as I would normally--because of my husband's condition--there is a lot of additional stress for her.  Thank you so much.

Hubby Update:  My Beloved has cancer.  It is worse than we first thought.  He will be having surgery in early December.  His cancer is pervasive, so they'll need to remove the entire prostate.  They won't know, until surgery, if it has spread to other areas.  We are deeply thankful his surgeon's reputation is the best in the Pacific NW, USA, in robotics surgery. Please pray for my husband's peace of mind and that I will have strength to do what must be done to help him.  I am so grateful to you dear friends for your loving thoughts and prayers.

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth - I've been going from one of your blogs to another - and I'm so saddened for you and your family situation right now. May God give you strength and courage to get through this. And I can see why you were doodling - good medicine :)

Al said...

I can't imagine what you're going through, but know my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Laura said...

a good way to express what you are feeling, so healing...love to you dear Beth.

Deann said...

Dear Beth
Please know that I am praying for you and your family. I am so sorry that your burden is so heavy. I pray for a blessing and the comfort of the Holy Spirit for all of you.

Love, you Deann