Tuesday, November 6, 2012

On Wings of Doves


Dad has taken a turn for the worse and is now in full Comfort Care.  Daddy is getting ready to go  home to be with His Savior.  Though our hearts are full of grief and we will miss him, we take comfort in the words of our Lord:  "Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself that where I am, there you may be also.  And you know the way where I am going."   (John 14:2-4)

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.  He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then He said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."  He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.  He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son."   (Revelation 21: 4-7)

When I called this morning, Mumsie told me her special prayer--she says when it's time for Dad to go, she's praying an angel will arrive in a long, gold-plated muscle car with big fins and the rag top down.  Bro Dow, Dad's sweet Mom, his brother and sister will be riding shotgun--there'll be hugs and greetings, then with a heavenly smile, the angel will open the door of that car.  I can see Dad grinning as he hops into the driver's seat, to drive through the gates of heaven, golden winds cooling his brow, the love and laughter of His Savior and family in his ears.

More than just about anything else, Daddy loved to drive his car everywhere on all kinds of adventures.  It seems only right he'd drive into heaven for the greatest adventure of all.

There is a hush in the air as we await Daddy's homegoing.  Please pray for our family and especially for Mumsie, as she is going to miss her very best friend--the love of her life.

Thank you for your prayers for Dad and Mom--and for our family.  We treasure you.

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

sending prayers
love
and light

Deann said...

This is so beautiful Beth I was there when my Father passed and it was the most profound spiritual experience of my life...I know there is a heaven and we will all be together after this life. I know your great faith in God will bring you comfort and peace. Best wishes and prayers my dear friend.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

What a brave way to wish for a pleasant passing. Prayers and kind thoughts are being sent your way.