Monday, November 19, 2012

Joy of the Angels


Saturday, December 17th, just before six, I was in the middle of setting up the stage for yesterday's drama.  Suddenly I became so dizzy I had to sit down.  It was the strangest feeling--as though a part of me was suddenly missing. 

Miles away, at the VA hospital, Mom had been holding Dad's hand praying.  Then his fingers gently cradled hers--a moment later he was gone.   He flew away at 5:45--exactly when the dizziness overcame me.  I know Dad tenderly carries a piece of our hearts with him always--we who are left behind grieve, yet we have hope.

I can only imagine the joy of his Shepherd and the angels, as Daddy arrived in that beautiful place prepared just for him.


Thank you for your thoughts and prayers over these difficult weeks.  Please continue to hold Mumsie close in your prayers.  She will be walking a different path now--one without her best Friend and lover--as Mummers has always said--he was the wind beneath her wings.  Also, pray for my sweet sissy Clytie, who has always been such a great gift and help to my parents and the twins. Sissy Leigh, who will be helping with all the arrangements and her family, our brother Mark and his family and Darren and his family will all welcome your prayers.

Take time with the ones you love.  Work can wait.  You'll never regret spending those precious moments.  Life is fragile. God bless you--every one of you dears out there--with abundant life, extraordinary love and amazing joy. 

6 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

you have such a lovely heart

i agree, sharing with loved ones
with life
can not be a regret

light and blessings to you and yours

sweet art too~

Al said...

My deepest condolences on your loss. The exact same thing happened to one of my near family when his father passed away - he was on an airplane over the Atlantic when the feeling hit him.

Tina´s PicStory said...

so beautiful dear beth ♥

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth, My heartfelt condolences with the loss of your dear father. I saw you made a very kind portrait of him and you will cherish that on.
Take this time step by step....
I wish you and your dear mum all the best and I hope you can support each other when needed, taking turns in grieving and comforting.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

What a moment , the power you felt and how real! Yes you are all in my heart. Lately I often have thoughts of you. There are really untold interconnections.

May all of you come to accept his peace and find the comfort you will need.

I do know you meant to post Novermber 17.

Steve Hunt said...

Beth
Loved the story of your dizzy moment/dad's passing. What an amazing one.
Hope you are well!