Thursday, October 18, 2012

Snap Dragons -Guest Heart Thursday


This is a piece of artwork I did in the Spring of 1980 for a children's book Mumsie was submitting in a contest.  We didn't win the contract, but I came away with some wonderfully imaginative drawings.

The reason I remember the year and time so well, is that it was right around the time Mt. Saint Helen's blew her top in Washington State.  I was in the park sitting at a picnic table.  As I was drawing I heard a kind of soft pattering on the paper.  It was dust from the volcano landing on my artwork.  It seemed quite proper at the time--as I was drawing dragons.

Yes, even back then, I hid hearts in my drawings.  How many can you find?

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 



5 comments:

Clytie said...

I remember the day of the big blow we went to the top of the hill behind the house and watched it go. Truly amazing. I can't believe you still have the artwork you were working on - in answer to that old question ... "where were you when the mountain blew?"!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

How are you today? I see some colour. I remember hearing about that eruption in the news and talking to my kids about it.

Tina´s PicStory said...

you have always fantastic ideas! :)

peggy gatto said...

I love flowers, in the garden, in the wild, any where and I love use them in my art.
this is lovely!!

Laura said...

beautiful beth!