Friday, October 19, 2012

My Tears

Tonight I cannot sleep.  It is already tomorrow.  This afternoon, we will learn the results of the biopsy my beloved husband had last Monday.

I confess a disquiet in my soul.  A grief, a fear.  It seems, so far, as though anything that could go wrong has done exactly that.  What would I do without my Beloved?  I can't even begin to imagine life without him. 

Yet, I trust in God.

I trust Him.  Even though there are those who have mocked my prayers in the midst of this darkness, I know God hears me. Thank the Lord for you dear ones who have prayed for us.  And I thank the mighty Creator for you precious ones who, though you do not believe the same things I do, have always treated my heart's love for God with deep respect--who have lovingly sent warmth, light, and kindness our way.

The prophet Zepheniah writes these powerful poignant words, "The Lord Your God is with you.  He is mighty to save.  He will delight over you.  He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

I trust in the Creator Who sings and in His Son who weeps with us.  Ah, in these are difficult, dark days...May His light shine through my tears--and yours.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Best wishes to you today :)

Clytie said...

Do you remember when our brother was near the end and I felt called to lay hands on him? I thought I was being an instrument of healing. Instead what came out of my mouth was "Love and Peace" over and over - an acceptance of what was already planned ... the healing was for ME, not him.

Love and Peace, dear sissie.

Al said...

You and your husband will be in my prayers.

Deann said...

I know God hears you too Beth. I hope things go the way you would have them go and will keep you and your husband in my prayers and hope for the best.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good
to them that love God.

I Love you my friend.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

May your fears be quieted as you seek comfort. I've had cancer. I chose not to be afraid and I think that is so important.
Of course there was a worry but no deep fear.
May you get to that same place. The healing will come.