Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nasarah, the Unicorn - Guest Heart Thursday



This is Nasarah, the Unicorn.  The last time she appeared on Guest Heart Thursday, she was without color.  Today, in honor of my niece's graduation from preschool to Kindergarten, I have finished the drawing and will be presenting it to her after the ceremony.

My sweet niece--who loves unicorns very much, gave this unicorn its special name.  She says Nasarah's favorite thing to eat is apples.  The unicorn sleeps in the top of an apple tree.  She also eats snowflakes in winter and skates on the ice.  But in summer the unicorn's favorite thing of all is to twirl!  So when you see those little whirlwinds which often swirl the air in summertime?  It's Nasarah the unicorn, twirling to her heart's content.

I know, I know...I have a GREAT imagination!

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 

7 comments:

Laura said...

LOVE this Beth...your gorgeous artwork and your sweet little niece's narrative as well!

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful name, and a very creative painting! I love them both!

My Offering said...

oh, how beautiful! i love unicorns, too!

Tammie Lee said...

how wonderful! your art is pure magic and feels so real... I love all the lovely details, name, eats snowflakes sleeps in an apple tree and twirls!

i once had a boyfriend who got very mad at me for twirling in public. it was uncontrollable joy, i did not even know that i did it ;-)

Leovi said...

Delicious unicorn with pretty colors. I'm sorry you have problems accessing my comments. The truth is that not the reason.Deshacer cambios

Tina´s PicStory said...

what a sweet heart ♥ have a great weekend! :)

Clytie said...

Wow. It's gorgeous in color - and I'm sure little M is going to treasure it forever!!!