Thursday, August 25, 2011

Forgiveness - Guest Heart Thursday

As children grow older and yearn to fly, great hurt can take place between parent and child.  Forgiveness between child and parent is incredibly important for growth in later life.  Bitterness can grow when forgiveness is not given, or received.   

I remember the day I realized my Mother was an extraordinarily interesting person.  It was an astonishing revelation how much she and I had in common.  She became someone I would seek out -- I loved hanging with her.  What a wonderful time in my life to live close enough to go walking with her every morning--how I cherish those memories.  She was (and still is) really fun!  I am so grateful for the friendship we have.

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 


7 comments:

Lydia said...

Touching, touching post. Thank you.

SquirrelQueen said...

What a sweet post! I really like the heart drawing.

MarieElizabeth said...

I like the plain clean lines of this one. It's such a strong piece, especially in black and white. Very nice!

Clytie said...

I like what Marie Elizabeth said ... such a strong piece - so emotional and beautiful! And perfect in black and white.

Mom is a cutie, isn't she???

Dani said...

Thank you, Beth.

Lois said...

How beautiful Beth!

Tammie Lee said...

so wise you are
a gift to read your words
and your art is full of feeling, tenderness and beauty. lovely weekend to you~