Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FAT Tuesday Artist Spotlight #23

I created Featured Art Tuesday (FAT Tuesday) Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another--this includes every type of medium, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.  
I hope you will join in the fun!

The artist who created this exquisite piece is known as "White."  She lives in Germany and is new to me.  I was so struck by the beauty and realistic feel of her work.  There's something whimsical, yet tremendously powerful about her drawings which touches me deeply.

I usually do not feature more than one piece of artwork by a featured artist--today is one of those rare occasions I decided to do things differently.

This wonderful artist has had a recent set back.  Her computer is on the fritz and she's saving money to either fix it, or to buy a new one.  She's also suffered a bad injury to her arm, which makes it difficult for her to draw at times.  I could not imagine not being able to draw!!!  Please visit this dear lady to encourage her!  Her work is spectacular and leaves me in awe.  I am so inspired by her drawings!

Happily, White's incredible artwork is for sale, she even does commissions!  You can find this artist's inspiring work at White Spirit Wolf Photography and at her DA account, White Spirit Wolf.

I have featured Peggy Gatto's beautiful artwork before.  This morning I was so taken by this wonderful painting of her back yard!  Isn't this lovely?

Peggy writes, "Art has become for me "therapy". I can celebrate happy occasions or work through sad or difficult times by creating art. I love creating special art for others. I often use old family pictures in my pieces and feel good about giving them birth again. I love to laugh,am very sentimental, and cry more happy tears than sad ones. Loyalty, honesty, and sharing good things with others is important to me. I enjoy seeing all the new art of artists friends and am learning something new every day! Laughing makes better wrinkles on your face!"

To see more of this eclectic artist's wonderfully creative pieces, visit Peggy’s Mixed Up Art

I came across Mayya's photography blog totally by accident.  I was so taken by the beautifully composed photos I found there.  I know you will be too--I especially loved the soft look of this cactus.  

She writes, "My name is Mayya and I've been interested in photography since I was 10 years old! Now, 12 years later I've finally gotten myself a DSLR and am learning anything I can about digital photography!"

To see more of this unusual photographer, visit Mayya Medved Photography.


Up until recently, I'd never heard of Needle Felting.  I still am not sure how Katey created these utterly darling lambs.  They are SO CUTE!  She is also a painter--her artwork is SO inspiring.  There is something truly unique and special about her artwork!

Katey writes, "…'art' is part of me... I am rooted in a family of craftsmen & carpenters. I grew up watching cars getting fixed, home improvement projects, and where every manner of project always seemed to be in queue. "Creating" is like breathing. The short of it is that I was encouraged by those around me - other people noticed "something" about me long before I ever did. I just did it. I am convinced that all we do in life is an act of worship. How we worship and Whom is the heart of the matter."

You can find more pictures of these darling little sheep on Katey's facebook account, Blue Eyed Duck Studies and even more of her creative artwork on her blog at Blue Eyed Duck Studios


I have been a big fan of Tammie Lee for quite some time now.  Her photography has a quality about it I can hardly put into words.  Her poetry is exquisite, as are her pictures.  She is an accomplished artist with a special style which fills my eyes. Tammie is also one of the loveliest persons I've had the pleasure of getting to know.  You will love her, too.

Tammie writes, "Capturing the beauty of our natural world with photography is a great passion for me, as well as my business; Spirithelpers... It is my attempt to capture a spirit that uplifts and ignites the majesty in our hearts."

You can find Tammie Lee's wonderful photography at Spirit Helpers and her thoughtful artwork at Beauty Flows.  She also sells her lovely artworks and photography at her webstore, Spirithelpers

If you'd like to take part in FAT Tuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Upload what you want to share with other artists, onto your blog.
*  Don't forget to leave a link to your art on Linky tools.
*  Be sure to visit other artists who have left their link.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Be sure to leave a link to FAT Tuesday on your blog page.

4 comments:

peggy gatto said...

thank you, what a nice surprise!!!
I do appreciate it and I am now "a follower"!!!

Mayya said...

this is great! thanks!!

Tammie Lee said...

dear darling beautiful Beth
thank you for honoring my art and me along with these other wonderful artists! you have touched my heart, you always do.

I do see the face, so fun to see through your eyes and heart!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
I am truly enjoying the needle felting. I wanted to do this last yr, but have to wait for the right time..! Thank you for posting this fun day!♥