Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

This is my rendition of the Ghost of Christmas Present, a profound character found in the story of Scrooge.  He is such a jolly fellow.  I adore the story and I have a copy of just about every movie made featuring Scrooge--with the exception of Mr. Magoo.

This drawing has no pen and ink lines--it was done entirely with Prismacolor pencils.  Of course, my Beloved posed for this piece--and every time I look into those clear blue eyes?  (sigh)  Well, my heart starts beating faster!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

6 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

oh my Beth, this is quite wonderful! and such a joy to think that this is your beloved. Wishing you all a lovely Sunday!

Louis la Vache said...

Christmas blessings to you and best wishes for the coming new year.

Megan Coyle said...

another great image :)

I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season and that you have a very happy New Year!

Garden Lily said...

Wonderful! I'm guessing your Beloved was not actually wearing holly while posing, or his smile would not be so jolly. ;-)

All the best to you and your family this Christmas season and in the New Year.

Clytie said...

Ah sissie, I've always loved this awesome "Christmas Present" featuring your dear hubby.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Anonymous said...

OOOH!! Beth, the second I saw this photo, I said.."oh that looks like Beth's hubby! lol
I love it, it is an amazing work of art. your colors are so beautiful.. cant' stop looking at this one.
btw.. I am working on little works of art for you and the others who won in my guessing game.
♥ Darlene