Thursday, October 21, 2010

Three Hearts - Guest Heart Thursday


This is a watercolor of a wind chime which hangs out on our front porch. It is one of the very few watercolors I have done in my life.
.
The chimes have hung on the porch of every home we've lived in for a little over 20 years. Over the years they've reminded me to pray for the family of the dear one who gave them to me.
.
There are poignant memories associated with these chimes. When I hear the music they play as they whisk around in the wind, it reminds me that God is in the business of the miraculous and that there is always hope.

For more wonderful heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.


14 comments:

Clytie said...

Ah sissie, I saw these wind chimes the last time I visited ... and fell in love with the originals as well as with the watercolor you made of them. You are amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing these GORGEOUS hearts on Guest Heart Thursday!

Faye said...

Wow, beautiful wind chimes, Beth. You really MUST do more watercolors. This is so beautiful.

Lois said...

They are so lovely! I wouldn't mind having a necklace made out of one of those hearts.

sharalyns said...

This is simply beautiful!

Lyneen said...

Beth... where do you find the time to draw all these amazing works of art... I barely have time to post my pictures!

I lover your wind chimes and the memories... I have one on my deck that reminds me of the person that gave it to me also... how touching music can be!

TFS

Ebie said...

Beautiful painting! You are a gifted artist!

Every gush of the wind swaying the wind chimes, does bring good memories, how pleasant to the ear.

P.S. My daughter has a blue glass heart necklace almost like your painting.

Dani said...

Thank you for this great post. Love the blue color of these beautiful hearts.

Hugs

Deann said...

Okay Cea is doing one of the challenges...I have to get you to join one too...just cause I'm having so much fun. Check out Music Monday on my side board under challenges...Joyelle is just getting started and you can do any kind of art your drawings would be wonderful...I just love the challenge of coming up with an idea. I know you would too. Love you.

Jan Hennings said...

beautiful watercolor. Your art is amazing :)

angelself said...

Gorgeous soft turquoise and blue colors...just wonderful with the hearts in the breeze =)

Tammie Lee said...

such a lovely reminder of a loved one, sweet painting indeed~

Krista said...

Such a lovely wash!! Just beautiful.

Megan Coyle said...

These are beautiful - and such a great shade of blue.

Jester said...

It's beautiful, Beth. Perhaps you should do more watercolours!
P.S. Hope you feel better soon (meant to put this on the previous comment & forgit!)