Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FAT Tuesday Artist Spotlight #7

I created FAT Tuesday to showcase inspiring artists and to provide a forum for Artists to share their work with one another--this includes all types of arts, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.  If you would like to take part in FAT Tuesday, these are the guidelines:

* Upload what you want to share onto your blog.
*  Don't forget to leave a link to your art on Linky tools.
*  Be sure to visit other artists who have left their link.
*  Leave a comment when you visit each artist's blog 
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
*  Be sure to put a link to FAT Tuesday on your blog page.
(You can copy the button at the bottom of the page if you'd like.) 


Sharon Griffes Tarr is a wonderful artist and teacher.  She freely shares her wealth of knowledge about art through her unique blog.  Her thoughts, ideas and newest paintings come fresh from her easel.  Sharon writes, "I have two studios that stimulate my creative nature. One has walls and the other has sky above and ground below. Each is unique in its own right and offers unexcelled creative stimulus."

Sharon has been a huge inspiration to me.  Being mostly self-taught I am always interested in learning more.  Sharon has a great deal to offer.  To see more of her amazing artwork visit Art Talk and Images.


Kathryn Kelton is a wonderful artist from Florida.  I only recently discovered her beautiful artwork.  She is a painter of angels, mermaids and fairies.  This turtle is one of her hand-painted wooden keepsake boxes.  She is very creative artist also putting her hand to fused glass pendants and sun catchers!  Kathryn says,  "I am dedicated to helping us all remember that we are never alone...the Angels are with us."

To see more of this eclectic artist's work, visit Newest Art at Angelself.


This is hardly room to describe all the things this artist/photographer/calligrapher/philosopher has accomplished in his life.  Abraham Lincoln, descendant of President Lincoln, is one of my greatest inspirations.  As you can see, his artwork is exquisite.  In addition, Mr. Lincoln's photography is extraordinary, his blog comments are thoughtful and sometimes revolutionary--but always interesting. 

For a taste of this amazing artist's thoughts and work visit Old Man Lincoln's Blog.

I found Stacey's blog about six months ago.  She is an amazing lady--She has a small boutique located in the heart of Antique Row in Kensington, MD.  What fascinated me about her blog is the way Stacey arranges and photographs her pieces.  She is an artist and doesn't even know it.  And like me, she loves antiques!  She writes,  "Just the mere word makes me giddy with excitement. I love to hunt for fabulous old pieces, and I thrive on finding a small vintage bauble or bit. Anything from Victorian buttons to mid-century rhinestones gives me joy~ Even if it’s chippy and/or broken, it can still find a place in both my shop and my heart."

To see Stacey's fabulous online shop, visit Flotsam and Jetsam.

 Joanne May's work is such an inspiration--I love the texture of her artwork, the beauty of her subjects.  Of course, the whimsical nature of her art delights my soul.  I knew exactly what she was feeling when she wrote, "The other night I could not sleep.  I was wide awake and full of energy.  I could hear the owl calling outside my bedroom window, he seemed to be encouraging me to stay awake.  Eventually I got up and made myself a warm drink, hoping I would feel sleepy, but instead I decided to pick up my sketchbook and draw until five in the morning."

To see more of Joanne's wonderful artwork visit, Joanne May Illustration.




6 comments:

Jo Potter said...

Hi Beth,
Thank you very much for adding my info to your Fat Tuesday post.
What happened to the images?
You are very welcome to add 'The Fairy Thief' here if you like and the 'Snow Hare'.
I left you a message on my blog saying it was ok! ;-)
Anyway, have a lovely week and thanks again.
Best wishes,
Jo.x

Jo Potter said...

P.S.
Hehe... I have just seen my fairy posted now!
Many thanks. x:-)

Jo Potter said...

PPS, Your post write up is lovely. I am touched by your kindness!

Megan Coyle said...

what great finds - I especially like the landscape piece :)

Deann said...

Bravo to all these wonderful artists...thank you for sharing them with us Sissy Bea you are an amazing friend...Love you.

angelself said...

Thanks so much for including me, Beth =) Your write-up describes me perfectly! I've put a link to FAT Tuesday in my blog post for today. Happy Creating, Kathryn