Tuesday, October 5, 2010

FAT Tuesday Artist Spotlight #6

I created FAT Tuesday to showcase inspiring artists and to provide a forum for Artists to share their work with one another--this includes all types of arts, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.  If you would like to take part in FAT Tuesday, these are the guidelines:

* Upload what you want to share onto your blog.
*  Don't forget to leave a link to your art on Linky tools.
*  Be sure to visit other artists who have left their link.
*  Leave a comment when you visit each artist's blog 
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
*  Be sure to put a link to FAT Tuesday on your blog page.
(You can copy the button at the bottom of the page if you'd like.) 


Valerie Greeley is an illustrator and textile designer.   I love the detail she puts into her artwork.  She has been such an inspiration to me.  She writes, "I have a passion for pattern and for creating books from start to finish including the illustration, decoration, printing and binding." Wow! And isn't this squirrel darling?  The story behind the artwork is fun, too.

Please visit Valerie to see her inspiring artwork, at AcornMoon.  

James Browne has been an inspiration to me for years.  James' whimsical artwork just fills my eyes.  The artist  writes, "The road for me has just begun and there is still much to paint. I may need a faery or two to help me hold my brush when I am old and grey but in the meantime I will let the paint flow and the imagination soar. I have a lifetime to paint, with a subject matter that is endless, with one goal in mind, and that is, to keep the child in all of us." 

To observe the fantastic world of this amazing artist, visit Everland!

I recently found Alison King on Illustration Friday--what a hoot!  Alison's artwork made me laugh and filled my eyes.  As you can see from this wonderfully humorous drawing, she has a very different way of looking at the world!

You can find her fabulous artwork at Alison King's Illustrations.


I saw this wonderful piece at my parent's home--My darling Sissy, who is one of my greatest inspirations, has done it again!  This is just perfect for the upcoming holiday!  Those are REAL spiderwebs, you know!  She writes, "I watched as the abandoned mega-church across the street became a magnet for taggers and graffiti artists. Many works of art were made on walls backed with drywall. Subsequent vandals kicked in these walls, leaving pieces of graffiti scattered around. I pick these up, remove the drywall backing, and turn them into art." Each piece Clytie shows on her blog is made from GENUINE graffiti, trash, recycled wallpaper, and found treasures.  My sweet sis writes, "I have never felt like an artist before - until now."

Please join  Clytie on her He'Art'ful journey to "become the artist she never thought she was."  (grin)  The truth is, I've always known an artist lived in her soul--she is one of my greatest inspirations.

You can find her wonderful artwork at He'Art'ful.


I love this artist's creative bent.  She is SO creative, as you can see from this beautifully crafted Christmas ornament she made from a small tin she bought from Walmart! What fun! 

You will be totally inspired when you visit Tales from an OC Cottage.


8 comments:

Acornmoon said...

Thank you Beth!

Deann said...

Such a fun group of artists it is unbelievable to me the number of ways there are to express art and all of them lovely...wonderful suff this.

Megan Coyle said...

What great finds :) and I love that owl one - too cute!

Unknown said...

OH Beth I just love Fat Tuesday! Even if I don't get by to say hi until Skinny Wednesday:)

Hope all is well with you my dear friend!
XXXOOOO

tera said...

You are such a dear to share so much love for all these people!
I left you a little award and some blog love over at my place.
Have a sweet, sweet day! :)

Lois said...

I love them all, but that owl just stole my heart!

magiceye said...

dont see the linky :(

however do check out my post at http://photings.blogspot.com/2010/10/ebbing-tide.html

Jo Potter said...

Hi Beth,
Good to meet you and to visit your lovely blog! :-)
This is a wonderful collection of artwork for Fat Tuesday.
I would be happy for you to mention my art next week, but please can you use an illustration from my website with the copyright.
That would be great!
Thanks very much for visiting me at my place. It's always good to meet new friends. I'm now following you!
See you again next week. :-)
All best wishes,
Jo.