Sunday, August 8, 2010

Deep Sea Romance

This is number one in a set of various pieces of artwork dedicated to mermaids and merfolk in general!  I thought you would enjoy being the first to see them.  I just now finished the first two.

I love fish--I have a pond full of them.  I decided I didn't want a complex background interrupting the grace of the two merfolk.  Hence these happy looking fishies.  I was pleasantly surprised at the way the fish seem to glow, giving the piece an almost 3-D look.

With the kiss trembling between these two, anyone can see they are deeply in love--Theirs is the classic story of two kingdoms at war.  He is from one, she is from the other.  They will move heaven and earth to be together for the rest of their lives.  Their adventure is only just beginning as they seek to end hostilities between their homelands beneath the sea. 

I have this drawing up for sale on Ebay under Bethartworx.  I'm SO excited!

UPDATE:  This original drawing has been SOLD!  

5 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

deeply in love indeed! sweet and gorgeous. How wonderful that you are selling your art!

Tammie Lee said...

hello again,
I can not find you on ebay, perhaps you can give us an actual link to copy and paste or even to simply click on?

tera said...

Ooh! Very sexy, yet sweet at the same time! I like that some of the fish have googly-eyed expressions like they are saying "woo hoo!" :)

Clytie said...

I love this, sissie. Good luck on your E-bay ventures - How could anyone NOT want these gorgeous works of art in their homes!

Tammie Lee said...

I am so excited that this will live in my wee log cabin, thank you dear Beth!