Monday, December 28, 2009

Tea Cup Faerie

This is one of my very first watercolors. The Tea Cup Faery resides on the wall above the piano where my Mother-in-Law's wonderful antique teacup collection is displayed.

I fancy when we're not looking, this tiny delightful faery steps from the picture, to poke around in the bits of stuffs and sundry we've dropped into the teacups over the years. It is possible she puzzles over what she finds there. I can imagine her astonishment as she examines a small cat's head made of clay, bits of jewelry, marbles, pennies and other stray odds and ends. She might ponder why this, or that bit of "stuff" is so precious that it is kept in a tea cup?

I wonder about that myself.

8 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

funny, i just stood up a bunch of stacked teacups that had fallen over. they were covered in dust and so i don't know how long ago they fell. i love teacups and their pretty. you've done a beautiful job with this one, beth, as you always do.

xo
erin

Sunny said...

What a lovely faerie. I have a friend that collects tea cups, every time she gets a new one, she says the Tea Cup Faerie stopped by.
I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Sunny :)

Desiree's Designs said...

I also love tea cups, painted one for my Christmas card this year. I am glad the holidays are over and I can return to some sort of normal. Love your work!

Yarrow said...

I think fairies puzzle over many things that we do! This picture is so cute :)
I hope you had a good Christmas, and I'm sorry to read about Clytie, but glad that she's on the mend now. Do take care and best wishes and hugs to you and your family.x

Lois said...

What a dainty little thing she is!

Megan Coyle said...

You've done such a wonderful job with your first watercolor - I love the vibrant colors in this one. Feels like summer with all the warm colors. What medium do you usually use with your work?

Clytie said...

I've always loved this beautiful rainbow-winged teacup fairy! She's so cute!

Karen Xavier said...

Love it, she is so cute... and the colors are delightful.