Saturday, June 6, 2009

Pit


Corrie Ten Boom, survivor of the prison war camps of Nazi Germany wrote of her experiences in a book called The Hiding Place. She said, "There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper still."
.
The first time I read this amazing woman's book, I was profoundly moved. Confronting death, starvation, disease, and the worst kind of cruelty from her fellow human beings--in the face of absolute, abject hopelessness--Corrie Ten Boom's faith grew.
.
Remembering her wise words fills my heart with wonder and hope.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

I've always been inspired by Corrie Ten Boom's life. This picture fits so well! I love the way all of the tears of her life seem to be pooled in this solitary drop ... given to God. Beautiful.

animaegirl said...

Excellent quote Beth and an important thing for us all to remember in these tough times! He is the light in our darkness, look to Him and your heart will find rest.

Amber

Woman in a Window said...

I think to undergo something as horrendous as that without faith would be unimaginable.