Thursday, April 30, 2009

Waterfalls

One never knows what one might see near a waterfall. In the woods where I played as a child, places where the water fell through the forest were wondrous. Down through Leprechaun Valley there were many playful little waterfalls tumbling over rock and mossy rill. There were small clear pools where the sunlight would glisten down to reflect dapples of light up into our faces.

My family and I visited Niagara Falls a few years ago. I have not lost my love for waterfalls. Someday I shall draw the dancing mist maidens I saw there.


5 comments:

Clytie said...

This beautiful lady is surely looking out for the forest waterfalls, and all of those who love them. Beautiful picture!

Looking to the Stars said...

Everytime I think I see your best work and then you share another that is simply outstanding and bypasses the others. I love this! Waterfalls are one of my favorites. this is beautiful!!!

~Cheryl said...

Incredible!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Your eye for color, your amazing talent and gift of whimsy are always a pleasure to me. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Mekeel McBride said...

I looked at the lovely picture first then read what you had to say. But I sort of misread. . .you said
"playful little waterfall" and I saw
"prayerful little waterfall"
Then I looked back at the picture and the whole landscape seems full of prayer to me.