Saturday, March 21, 2009

There's Hope in a Rose

I love this drawing. I've never drawn anything quite like it before. This faery maiden's heart was badly broken. The look upon her face, and the rose in her outstretched fingers cause me to believe she has found hope and healing.

Hope is beautiful, like a rose. Roses flower throughout the seasons, and astoundingly, I have even found them blooming in January beneath the snow. There is hope in a rose.

Somehow when hope shines impossibly through the cold darkness of hard times, its beauty and fragrance are more precious and lovely than ever before.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Wow. You caught a special moment here, sissie! Makes you want to cry with her.

~Cheryl said...

Ahh. And even the falling rose petals escaped the scratch of the thorn. Beautiful drawing, beautiful words.

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful piece. I am so glad I could click on it and see it bigger! He expression, your colors, the rose and your tale- thank you!