Friday, March 6, 2009

Rose of My Heart

This is one of my very first watercolors. I've always loved roses. Their beauty and fragrance have always brought joy.

There are many memories associated with roses, the white blossoms which grew rampant over the old shed at Grammie's house, a start Mom brought home which grew up into the oak tree next to the pathway.

Our last home was surrounded by roses of every kind and hue, even a blue rose. I LOVED them. the blue roses were more purple than blue, but they were the most aromatic roses I've ever known.

I have always associated roses with my heart. Perhaps because in their fragrance I can walk back into wonderful memories from my life.

Roses of my heart.

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Beautiful ... and somehow peaceful. Roses and hearts - the combination is perfect!

JANN said...

lovely watercolor I think you did just excellent ! I love roses too...
keep up the great work.

Deann said...

Beth,
Just dropping by to let you know that I am tagging you and your beautiful artwork with the KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD. Stop by Grannie Annies Place to find out all about it and pick up your award. Cudos - Deann