Friday, October 28, 2016

Blue Faery -Paint Party Friday


I once read a poem which had the whimsical idea that faeries are God's smallest angels.  I rather like that idea.  This little blue faery is a frequent imaginary visitor to my garden. She's part Genie as you can see. She lives in a brown glass bottle next to the fence in my yard, where in summertime she oft comes out to play with the gold fish after dark.

This is a drawing from long ago.  I have been away from my computer for a bit, so haven't had time to scan in my latest artwork.  My reference photo was lost with a tragic crash of a hard drive years ago--so I don't have the original picture to show you--but I can tell you this, she is not only lovely, but she is a sweet and talented young woman.

This Sunday will mark two years since my sweet husband flew away to heaven.  It will be a bittersweet time.  Sometimes it seems like forever since he left us--at other times, it is as though it were just yesterday.  I am also speaking and performing for a women's retreat on Saturday.  I would dearly appreciate your prayers for my family and me.  I continue to improve daily from my surgery. 

Happy Paint Party Friday, sweet, wonderful Friends!



10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic art, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

She is a lovely fairy Beth. Thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Hugs!

Faye said...

Beth, I have been thinking of you since we shared the same day of widowhood, except my Alan died 3 years ago. I think there are parts of me that will continue to grieve till I am gone. Sometimes simply a photo will set me off. But I will say that it is much easier to be normal than it was last year, even. Time does not completely heal, but it does help. Your fairy is lovely, Beth. Keep painting.

peggy gatto said...

Such a thoughtful post and of course I will keep prayers coming your way. How nice of you to give time to help others.
I think I saw a blue fairy in our yard......

Gillena Cox said...

What a lovely creature; Happy PPF

much love...

Giggles said...

Beautiful fairy and lady you are! Sending love to you! Wishing you well on this sad anniversary and your new journey! I hope you post something wonderful about him on your blog to keep his spirit alive!!

Hugs Giggles

lorraine said...

what a magical fairy

DVArtist said...

You always have prayer from me. I am sorry about your DH and know how loss can effect you. Your art is so pretty and I know that comes right from your heart. Hugs

Latane Barton said...

A fun fairy but she looks a little sad. What's wrong, fairy...

My name is Erika. said...

Its a sad anniversary for sure for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. And I think that fairy looks a little bit like you in your blog photo. :) Erika